Dr. Arindam Sarkar, is a National Scholar with brilliant acamedic carrier. He has graduated from Medical College, Kolkata and completed his Master of Surgery from the same Institution. He has done M Ch in Plastic Surgery from IPGME & R, Kolkata. He is Associate Professor Department of Plastic Surgery SSKM Hospital IPGME&R, Kolkata and visitng plastic surgeon of AMRI hospital and Woodlands Hospital, Kolkata.
Dr. Sarkar is a member of Association of Plastic Surgeons of India and West Bengal. Formerly secretary and treasurer of Association of Plastic Surgeons of West Bengal.
Dr. Sarkar has proven interest in Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery, he has acquired expertise in different cosmetic surgeries like Hair Transplant, Liposuction, Rhinoplasty, Breast Surgeries, Different Facial Cosmetic surgeries, Anti Aging Treatment of Face and Laser Cosmetic Treatment etc.
Spend initial childhood in Guwahati and Sambalpur in Orissa
Schooling - Ballygunge Govt High School and St Xaviers College
MBBS - Medical Collage Kolkata 1987
MS - Medical Collage Kolkata 1996
MCH - IPGMER SSKM Hospital 2002
National Scholar in School level, award in national science talent search and Junior class assistant surgery in Medical College.
MEMBER - APSI, APSWB, NABI, IAAPS
Former Secretary and Treasurer of Association of Plastic Surgeons of West Bengal. Proprietor of Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery Centre.
At present the author is Assistant Professor, Department of Plastic Surgery, SSKM Hospital IPGME&R, Kolkata and visiting Plastic Surgeon of AMRI hospital, Dhakuria and Woodlands Hospital, Kolkata. Dr. Sarkar is a member of Association of Plastic Surgeons of India and West Bengal. Former secretary, at present treasurer of Association of Plastic Surgeons of West Bengal.
• Laryngeal Rhinosporidiosis - JIMA Vol 94 No 4 April - 1996.
• Case report of Aesthesioneuroblastoma - IJLO & Head and Neck Surgery Vol-52 No-1 Dec 1999 - March 2000.
• Thumb reconstruction by Polarization - JIMA Accepted 2003.
• Micro vascular reconstruction best option in Head and Neck - IJLO and Head and Neck Surgery - Special Issue 2005.
• Management of acute open Tendo Achillis injury by Lavatory Pans - IJPS - Jan - June 2006 Vol - 39 Issue 1.
• Soft tissue coverage of Leg and Foot - an overview JIMA ACCEPTED 2006.
• Ventral Hernia darning with and without prolene - a cost effective management JIMA Vol. 107 No 10 Oct 2009.
• Ear reconstruction at Agra -APSICON 2000 at Agra.
• Micro vascular surgery and LASER surgery APSICON 2001 at Ahmadabad Mehsana.
• First national workshop on perforator flaps-Chennai 2003.
• First national workshop on rapid free flap harvest at NIMS HYDERABAD 2003.
• Botox institute level 1 training February 2003 at Kolkata.
• 3rd and 4th International tutorial aesthetic plastic surgery at Bombay hospital institute of medical sciences- 2008 and 2009.
• Endoscopic skill development workshop at Ethicon institute of surgical education Mumbai 2009.
• ISAPS Symposium at Khajuraho 2009.
• 15th World congress of International confederation for plastic reconstructive and aesthetic surgery (IPRAS) December 2009.